OLYMPIA – September 11, 2012 – Businesses will need to reprogram their cash registers to reflect several changes in sales tax rates beginning Oct. 1. The changes affect portions of Clark, Chelan, Douglas, Pierce, and Walla Walla counties:
- The Pierce County Public Transportation Benefit Area boundary will change. The following jurisdictions will no longer be within the Pierce Transit boundary and their sales and use tax rate will decrease by six-tenths of one percent (.006). This will affect:
- Bonney Lake;
- Part of Pierce County Hospital Benefit Zone;
- Various parts of Pierce County.
- The City of Ridgefield has repealed the Transportation Benefit District (TBD). Sales and use tax within the City of Ridgefield TBD will decrease by two-tenths of one percent (.002).
- The Sales and use tax rate within the City of Waitsburg will increase one-tenth of one percent (.001) for transportation services.
- The sales and use tax rate within the Greater Wenatchee Regional Events Center (GWREC) Public Facilities District will increase one-tenth of one percent (.001).
More information is available online at http://Dor.wa.gov/LocalTaxRateChanges. The Department encourages businesses to sign up for the sales tax rate change listserv at http://Dor.wa.gov/Listserv to get notices of future changes in local sales tax rates.