home home File & pay taxes home Appeals home Extensions for filing a Rule 100 appeal Extensions for filing a Rule 100 appeal

Can the time for filing an appeal be extended?

Yes. However, extension requests must be made prior to the assessment's due date.

How do I request an extension for my appeal?

Call (360) 534-1335, or write to:

    Washington State Department of Revenue
    Appeals Division
    PO Box 47460
    Olympia, WA 98504-7460

How long are appeal extensions granted?

Extensions are granted when the taxpayer requires more time to prepare. An initial extension may be granted for up to 30 days.

Can I get additional extensions?

Upon request, the Appeals Division may grant additional extensions upon showing good cause.

After I receive my decision, can I get an extension for filing with the Board of Tax Appeals?

No. The Board of Tax Appeals is separate from the Department of Revenue. The Department does not have authority to grant extensions with the Board of Tax Appeals.



<  Previous   Ι    Table of Contents   Ι    Next