Write the total tax due from page 1, lines 1 – 5.
Write the total tax due from page 2, line 12.
If you have an addendum (e.g. Local Sales & Use Tax Addendum) write the total tax due of all addendums on line 22.
Add lines 20-22 and write the amount on line 23.
Write the total of all credits from page 2, line 19.
Subtract line 24 from line 23 and write the total on line 25.
If you file this tax return after the due date, see the penalty rates above the signature line on page 1 of the tax return to find the penalty rate. Multiply the penalty rate by the subtotal on line 25 and write this amount on line 26. There is no penalty if no tax is due.
If you are filing late and are requesting a waiver of penalty, please check the box at the bottom left of page 2 and attach a written request. The written request must explain the circumstances that caused your tax return to be filed late. The Department may waive penalties or interest if the return was late because of circumstances beyond your control.
Add lines 25 and 26 and write the amount on line 27. This is amount you owe.
Still need help? Call 1-800-647-7706 for help completing your tax return.
Finishing Your Tax Return
To help us process your tax return, please:
- Write your Tax Registration Number/UBI number on:
- The top of your tax return
- The deduction detail sheet (if you are making deductions)
- All addendums
- Your check
- Make sure the gross amounts reported were earned during the reporting period shown on the return.
- Attach the Deduction Detail page and any credit schedules or addendums to your return, if applicable.
- Sign and date the return.
- Write a daytime phone number, including area code.
- Make a copy of the return for your files.
- Make your check payable to Washington State Department of Revenue
- Do not staple your check to your return. Do not mail cash or coins.
- Mail the original return and payment, if due, in the self-addressed envelope that was sent with your return. If you do not have a self-addressed envelope, mail the return to the address listed at the lower left-hand side of page 1.
<< Previous | Table of Contents | Next >>