On November 2, 2010, Washington State voters approved Initiative 1107, which takes effect December 2, 2010.
1107 repeals these 2010 tax changes:
- sales tax on candy and gum
- sales tax on bottled water
- the 2¢ per 12 ounce carbonated beverage tax (sales tax still applies to soft drinks)
- increased B&O tax rate for meat processors
- B&O tax credit for candy manufacturers
Through December 1, 2010:
- Retailers must continue collecting sales tax on candy, gum and bottled water
- The carbonated beverage tax remains in effect
- The B&O tax rate for meat processors remains 0.00484
- The B&O tax credit for candy manufacturers remains in effect
Initiative 1107 does not change tax rates on tobacco, beer, wine, or liquor.
Special Notices (pdf)
B&O Credit for Candy Manufacturers Repealed
Sales Tax Repealed on Bottled Water, Candy and Gum
Carbonated Beverage Tax Repealed
Informational signs (pdf) may be printed and posted in your store.
Impacts of Initiative 1107: