The Department of Revenue's Audit Division regularly surveys businesses that were recently audited. The survey focuses on taxpayer satisfaction with the way the division provides services. It does not focus on the audit procedures, or the results of the audit. The survey results are used to identify areas where we can improve service delivery.
Fast facts about the survey
- The first audit survey was conducted in 1998. Subsequent surveys were conducted in 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2015.
- The 2016 survey is currently under way.
- Questions in the current survey were streamlined to reduce the time needed to complete it.
Highlights from the 2015 survey responses
- 97% said that the audit process and what to expect during the audit was clearly explained to them.
- 99% responded that they had reasonable time to provide the requested business records.
- 92% felt that they were responded to in a timely manner.
- 91% reported the audit was conducted with minimal inconvenience to their employees and business activities—an increase of almost 6% from 2009.
- 97% said they were treated with courtesy and respect.
- 93% stated that they were satisfied overall with how the audit was conducted.
Although we scored well in our 2015 survey, we continue to look for opportunities for improvement. We will continue to coach our staff to ensure that exceptional customer service is delivered throughout the audit process.
Thank you to all who responded to past surveys. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!