Congratulations on starting a business in Washington State.
After filing a Business License Application to register your business, you will receive a business license and Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number from the Business Licensing Service.
You will also receive a letter from the Department of Revenue with your UBI/tax registration number and filing frequency.
Visit Access Washington® to learn about Doing Business in Washington.
Filing tax returns
All monthly and quarterly filers must file and pay their excise taxes electronically. For more information, visit our mandatory e-file page.
For taxpayers who are not required to file and pay electronically:
- Pre-printed returns are mailed about four weeks before the due date.
- The due date is printed on your tax return.
- You are required to file and pay taxes by the due date even if you do not receive a tax return.
- If the due date falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the due date for the return is the next business day.
- Your nine-digit Tax Registration Number is printed above your name and address on the tax return. Write this number on:
- the deduction detail pages (if reporting deductions on your tax return)
- any related forms
- your check
The easiest way to file
File and pay your taxes using our electronic filing service