If you file your returns electronically, you can also amend your returns online.
- Make a copy of the return you need to correct.
- At the top, write "Amended Return" in large letters.
- Draw a single line through any incorrect information and write the correct
information to the side or above. (Please use black ink only.)
- Recalculate your "Totals."
- If you are amending your return and you owe money, include a check when you mail the amended return.
- If you are seeking a refund, attach a letter explaining why you are submitting an amended return, with
a telephone number where you can be reached during business hours.
Example: " We have submitted an amended return for the January 2003
period. We discovered that our retailing and retail sales tax gross figures
were overstated by $3000 because we erroneously included some December 2002
figures with our current month's figures. Please send us a refund check for
overpayment. If you have any questions, we can be reached at (xxx) xxx-xxxx."
- Mail the amended return to:
- Washington State Department of Revenue
- Taxpayer Account Administration
- PO Box 47476
- Olympia, WA 98504-7476
- The Department may only honor refunds dating back four years prior to the year in which the refund request is made. WAC