home home Questions & answers home Question Question
Enter keyword(s):   
Browse By Category Advanced Search

Q:  I have an open UBI/ tax registration number, but am not currently doing business. I do not want to close it, but am tired of filing "no business" tax returns. Do you have an "inactive" status?


The Department of Revenue has an active nonreporting status. To be eligible for active nonreporting status, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Your business activity does not require collecting retail sales tax
  • Your gross proceeds of sales, gross income, or value of products is less than $28,000 for all B&O and/or $24,000 for public utility tax classifications,and
  • Your business owes no other tax or fee to the Department of Revenue
For more information, refer to our Active Nonreporting Business information.
More information
Active nonreporting businesses
How well did this answer your question?
 5 - Very well
 1 - Not at all