home home Questions & answers home Question Question
Enter keyword(s):   
Browse By Category Advanced Search

Q:  I filed an amended return with the Department of Revenue. Is there a way to check on its status?

A:  Yes. You can check on the status of an amended return you've filed by calling our Taxpayer Account Administration section at (360) 902-7151. Please be ready to provide your tax registration number and the reporting period. Amended returns are normally processed four to six weeks after they are received.

Normally, when the Department processes amended returns, additional amounts due will result in a balance due billing, while credit balances will result in issuance of a credit memorandum for you to apply to a future tax return. However, a refund can be issued if you specifically request one.
More information
More information about amending my return
How well did this answer your question?
 5 - Very well
 1 - Not at all