home home Questions & answers home Question Question
Enter keyword(s):   
Browse By Category Advanced Search

Q:  Are additional taxes added to charges for hotel or motel stays?


Additional taxes may apply to certain lodging charges. The special hotel/ motel tax is an additional tax charged for transient rental (less than 30 consecutive days) of hotels, motels, trailer courts, bed & breakfasts, trailer camps or any other type of lodging in areas which levy the tax.

Hotels and motels located in
King County with 60 or more units have an additional tax - the convention and trade center tax. You can find these special rates, location codes, and more in our Local Sales Tax flyer.

More information
Lodging rate flyer
Lodging guide
Local sales and use tax rate flyer
How well did this answer your question?
 5 - Very well
 1 - Not at all