home home Questions & answers home Question Question
Enter keyword(s):   
Browse By Category Advanced Search

Q:  If I use my property for farming or to conserve natural resources, are there any tax breaks for me?


The Current Use Program provides special valuation for:

  • Farm and Agriculture property — Land that is devoted to the production of livestock or agricultural commodities for commercial purposes
  • Timberland property — Land that is devoted primarily to growing and harvesting timber for commercial purposes
  • Open Space property — Land that preserves or conserves natural and scenic resources, protects water supply, promotes conservation of soils, wetlands, beaches, or tidal marshes, or preserves wildlife or sanctuaries

More information on this program may be found in our publication Open Space Taxation Act.

More information
Open Space Taxation Act (pdf)
How well did this answer your question?
 5 - Very well
 1 - Not at all