home home Questions & answers home Question Question
Enter keyword(s):   
Browse By Category Advanced Search

Q:  How do I report forest tax?


Anyone who intends to harvest timber on private land must obtain a Forest Practice Application (cutting permit) from the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) or your local government permitting agency.


The permitting agency forwards a copy of the cutting permit to the Department of Revenue, which then mails the forest tax reporting forms and instructions to the taxpayer.


The reporting process is similar for timber cut on state and federal land, except that the timber sale contract is used instead of a cutting permit to alert the Department of Revenue of a timber sale.

More information
WAC 458-40
RCW 84.33
More information about forest (timber) tax
How well did this answer your question?
 5 - Very well
 1 - Not at all