home home Questions & answers home Question Question
Enter keyword(s):   
Browse By Category Advanced Search

Q:  How do I file for an extension for the estate tax?


When you are applying for your Federal extension, send us a copy of the Federal Form 4768 at the time of filing, including estimated Washington tax, if any.  If you are not filing a Federal Form 706, submit the Application for Extension of Time to File a Washington State Estate and Transfer Tax Return.

Note: The Federal Tax Relief Act of 2010 does not change the filing requirement for Washington.  The due date for either the Washington estate tax return and estate tax payment or a request for an extension to file the Washington estate tax return and an estimated payment is nine months after the decedent's death.  Payment received after the due date will accrue interest.

More information
More information about estate tax for deaths on or after May 17, 2005
How well did this answer your question?
 5 - Very well
 1 - Not at all