home home Questions & answers home Question Question
Enter keyword(s):   
Browse By Category Advanced Search

Q:  When can I appeal?


You have the right to an appeal if:

  • You believe you do not owe any tax, penalty, or interest assessed by the Department.
  • Your refund request was denied.
  • You received an adverse letter ruling from the Taxpayer Information and Education section of the Department.

You may also appeal:

  • A revoked business registration.
  • A revoked or suspended cigarette license.

Before you appeal, we encourage you to first request a conference with the supervisor of the Revenue employee who assessed the tax or denied your refund.

More information
Appeal Petition form (pdf)
How well did this answer your question?
 5 - Very well
 1 - Not at all