home home Contact us  
alert Important: The Legislature has yet to pass a new state operating budget, and agencies are preparing for a possible shutdown of service. All Department of Revenue offices will be closed beginning July 1, 2015, and will remain closed until a new state operating budget is enacted. Most Revenue services will also be temporarily suspended. Staff will not be available to respond to phone calls, emails or public records requests until operations resume.
Taxes still due on time
The Department will continue to accept tax returns and payments electronically and by mail. Please note your taxes are due by your regular tax return due date regardless of the government shutdown. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Live Chat

Hours: Generally available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Wednesday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed on holidays.

General Questions

Please check our Questions & Answers. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, send us an email by clicking on one of the topics below.

Taxpayer Advocate


For immediate assistance, call us at 1-800-647-7706*.

Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Wednesday from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed on holidays.

Revenue telephone directory – Locate telephone numbers for specific Revenue taxes and programs.

Business Licensing Service – For assistance with business licensing and renewals, call us at 1-800-451-7985.

Teletype (TTY) – Dial 711 for free Washington Relay Service.


Use this address list to ensure your form or letter gets to the right place.


Local offices




Port Angeles









Local office map

All offices are closed on holidays.

Other Services

Report Tax Fraud

If you suspect or know of an individual or business that is not complying with Washington tax laws, you may report this activity at SuspectFraud.wa.gov.

Provide Feedback


NOTE: The state of Washington does not have a personal or corporate income tax. For federal income tax information and forms, contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

Additionally, we cannot answer questions related to city or county business taxes. Contact the appropriate city or county regarding those taxes