My logon ID and password that I used last year do not work when I try to log into My DOR. Why?
You need a SecureAccess Washington user ID and password to log into My DOR.
What is a SAW user ID and how do I know if I have one?
SecureAccess Washington (SAW) is an application gateway created and maintained by Washington Technology Solutions (WaTech). SecureAccess Washington allows users to access multiple state government services with the use of a single user ID and password.
You most likely have a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) user ID if you:
- Log into online services for other Washington state agencies (for example, the Department of Licensing, Secretary of State, or the Department of Social and Health Services)
- Applied for or renewed your Washington state business license online in the last two years, you used a SAW user ID and password.
I don't see my tax account information in My DOR. What do I do?
You need to have access to your tax account to file a return in our new system. You can get access to a tax account in one of the following ways:
- Use the letter ID from a Department of Revenue tax-related letter.
- Transfer your tax account information from our old system.
- Ask an administrator with access to the tax account in My DOR to grant you access.