Businesses that use commercial vehicles to transport commodities, merchandise, produce, refuse, freight or animals.
Credit is earned on:
- Purchases of new commercial vehicles and qualifying used commercial vehicles with propulsion units that are principally powered by a clean alternative fuel; or
- Leases of new commercial vehicles and qualifying used commercial vehicles with propulsion units that are principally powered by a clean alternative fuel (effective July 1, 2016), or
- Costs to modify a commercial vehicle to be principally powered by a clean alternative fuel, including property incorporated into the vehicle and labor or service charges to modify the vehicle.
Vehicle must display a WA license plate.
Credit is not earned on vehicles purchased to lease to others.
- Apply for Commercial Vehicle Credit in My DOR (3 part application)
- No Annual Tax Performance Report
- Electronic filing required
Credits may be earned through January 1, 2021. Credits earned must be applied to returns filed by January 1, 2022.
Statewide Annual Credit Balances
(As of December 31, 2018)
Applied for: $37,480.00
Amount issued: $702,461.16
Remaining available credit: $5,260,058.84
Note: The remaining available credit is the total annual statewide cap less any credits issued.
For questions about the application, call Taxpayer Account Administration at (360) 705-6214.