Business with corporate headquarters locating in a CEZ.
- locate within a CEZ
- invest at least $30 million in qualified buildings, tangible personal property, and fixtures, etc, including labor and planning
- employ at least 300 employees, each who must earn at least the annual average wage for the state for that year
- meet the definition of corporate headquarters as defined in RCW 82.82.010.
- Corporate Headquarters Application for Sales and Use Tax Deferral can be made at any time prior to completion of construction of a qualified building or buildings, but tax liability incurred prior to the department's receipt of an application may not be deferred.
- All businesses must maintain a qualified activity at the site of the investment project for the year in which the investment project is certified operationally complete plus seven additional years.
- Annual Tax Performance Report must be filed by May 31st of the following year in which the project is certified and for the following seven years.
- Electronic filing of all documents required.
- List of CEZs
Effective July 1, 2009
Applications may not be made after December 31, 2020.
For questions about the deferral, please call Debi Brower at (360) 534-1443.