- Business or Owner name, or
- UBI/Tax Registration Number
If you select "Business or Owner name," choose either:
- Begins With (Returns results by the first word in a business or owner name. Example: "jo" will return Jo Bob, Jobs & Company, John Smith, etc.)
- Contains (Returns results that contain a specific string. Example: "jo" will return Dave Jo Bob, SD Jo Inc.)
Tips for entering a name:
- Some words may be abbreviated, such as "Inc" for "Incorporated."
- If you do not receive any hits, try spelling the name differently, such as Brown, Browne, Brownn, Braun; Smith, Smyth, etc.
- Individual letters, numbers, and some words (such as "the" or "and") are ignored. For a full list of ignored words, click here.
- Enter information in the "In the following city" field, if you would like to limit your search to a specific area.
If you select "UBI/Tax Registration Number," enter the nine-digit number.
2. Click on "Search"
Once displayed, review your results by:
- Scrolling up and down the list
- Clicking on "Next" at the bottom of the page
- Entering a page number in the "Jump to Page" box and clicking "GO."
3. Click on a name for details
To change your search criteria, scroll up to the top of the page, enter new information, and click "Search."
To print, select the "Printer Friendly" icon at the top of the page. Then click the "print" button on your browser toolbar. Select the "back to search results" link to continue your search.
If you have questions about the State Business Records database, please contact us.