The High Unemployment County Sales/Use Tax Deferral Program grants a deferral of sales/use tax on purchases of qualifying machinery, equipment and construction to approved businesses that are:
- located in qualifying counties or Community Empowerment Zones (CEZs), and
engaged in any of the activities listed below:
- research and development laboratories
- commercial testing facilities
- vegetable seed conditioning
The Program allows for the waiver of the deferred sales and/or use tax when all program requirements have been met and verified. To receive the waiver, businesses must:
- Engage in qualified activities during the year the Department certifies the investment project as operationally complete, and the following seven years.
- Electronically file an annual tax incentive survey covering each calendar year by April 30 of the following year.
- Have all purchases verified as eligible by an auditor from the Department of Revenue.
- Meet employment requirements if the business located in a CEZ.
This program expires on July 1, 2020.
For additional information, visit our Tax Incentives page.