Several tools are available on our web site to verify the correct location codes and sales tax rates for your sales, including:
- Tax rate lookup tool: A tool where you type in the address and the tool displays the correct tax rate and location code.
- Excel workbook: A downloadable tax calculator workbook using Microsoft Excel that displays tax rates and location codes, calculates totals, and summarizes sales by city or county without an online connection.
- Rate flyer in Excel or Quickbooks file: An Excel or Quickbooks file with sales tax flyer information
- Real-time Automated Lookup: Places a real-time look up tool directly into your system (programming required.)
- Downloadable databases: Databases you can download to create your own lookup tools.
- Customer database conversion: A service where a business with a consistent customer base sends a file of addresses and receives correct location codes and tax rates in return.
Other local taxes to consider
Regional Transit Authority (RTA)
The RTA tax is a 0.9 percent tax that is collected in addition to state and local retail sales tax on sales made in portions of King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties.