Total all tax due amounts from page 1 and write that amount on line 28. This includes totals for B&O tax, State Sales & Use tax, Local Sales & Use tax, Motor Vehicle Sales/Leases, and Litter tax.
Total all tax due amounts from page 2 and write that amount on line 29. This includes totals for Lodging Taxes and Other Taxes.
If you have an addendum (e.g. Local Sales & Use Tax Addendum, Rental Car Tax Addendum) write the total tax due of all addendums on line 30.
Add lines 28–30 and write the total on line 31.
Enter the Total Credit amount from Section VI Credits, page 2.
Subtract line 32 from line 31 and write the total on line 33.
If you file this tax return after the due date, see penalty rates above the signature line on page 1 of the tax return to find the penalty rate. Multiply the penalty rate by the subtotal on line 33 and write this amount on line 34. There is no penalty if no tax is due.
If you are filing late and are requesting a waiver of penalty, please check the box at the bottom of page 1 and attach a written request. The written request must explain the circumstances that caused your tax return to be filed late. The Department may waive penalties or interest if the return was late because of circumstances beyond your control.
Total amount owed
Add lines 33 and 34. This is the amount you owe.
Still need help? Call 1-800-647-7706 for help completing your tax return.
Finishing your tax return
To help us process your tax return, please:
Write your Tax Registration Number/UBI number on:
- the top of your tax return
- the deduction detail sheet
- all addendums
- your check
- Make sure the gross amounts reported were earned during the reporting period you are filing for.
- Attach the Deduction Detail page and any credit schedules to your return, if applicable.
- Sign and date the return.
- Write a daytime phone number, including area code.
- Make a copy of the return for your files.
- Make check payable to: Washington State Department of Revenue.
- Do not staple your check to your return. Do not mail cash or coins.
- Mail the original return and payment, if due, in the self-addressed envelope that was sent with your return. If you did not receive a self-addressed envelope, mail the return to the address listed at the top of page 1.