The Department of Revenue formed a Business Advisory Council (BAC) to facilitate dialogue between the department and representatives of Washington's business community around tax policy and operational issues.
I sincerely appreciate the time Council Members invest in us to improve both our operations and tax policy.
Vikki Smith, Director
Meeting quarterly, the BAC's purpose is to:
- Provide ideas, input and perspectives to the department, and to help the department better understand how different administrative options affect taxpayers.
- Assist the department in identifying efficiencies in the administration of state taxes and fees, and to offer constructive feedback regarding current or proposed tax policy.
- Provide a forum for direct stakeholder feedback.
The Business Advisory Council is diverse and consists of up to 16 members, including Vikki Smith, Director.
The members are:
- Michele Baisler - Director, KPMG LLP
- Vicki Baker - Owner/Operator, Yakima Grocery Outlet
- Lois C. Cook - Owner/Manager, America's Phone Guys
- Patrick Connor - Director, National Federation of Independent Businesses
- James Dixson - Owner/Operator, Friendly Computers
- Chris Falco - Partner/CPA, Falco Sult
- Wendy Gillihan - Owner/Business Advisor, Gryffin Consulting
- Mark Johnson - VP of Government Affairs, Washington Retail Association
- Darcy Kooiker - Principal/CPA, Ryan LLC
- Robert L. Mahon - Chair, Perkins Coie LLP
- Tarah McLaughlin - Senior Manager, State & Local Tax, Amazon
- William C. Severson - William C. Severson, Attorney at Law PLLC
- Joe Strong - Director, State & Local Tax Policy, Microsoft