The Department of Revenue formed a Business Advisory Council in July 2018. The council’s purpose is to facilitate dialogue between the department and representatives of Washington’s business community around tax policy and operational issues.
The council consists of 16 members, including DOR Director Vikki Smith.
The members are:
- Michele Baisler – CPA, KPMG LLP
- Vicki Baker – Owner/Operator, Yakima Grocery Outlet
- Lois C. Cook – Manager, America’s Phone Guys
- Patrick Connor – Director, National Federation of Independent Business
- James Dixson – Owner/Operator, Friendly Computers
- Chris Falco – Partner/CPA, Falco Sult
- Wendy Gillihan – Business Advisor, Gryffin Consulting
- Mark Johnson – VP of Government Affairs, Washington Retail Association
- Darcy Kooiker – Principal/CPA, Ryan, LLC
- Robert L. Mahon – Chair, Perkins Coie LLP
- Tarah McLaughlin - Senior Manager, State & Local Tax, Amazon
- William C. Severson – William C. Severson, Attorney at law PLLC
- Joe Strong – Director, State & Local Tax Policy, Microsoft
How often will meetings be held?
Meetings will be held quarterly.
The next meeting is scheduled for March 16, 2020 from 12-3 pm at 6400 Linderson Way SW in Tumwater. While the meeting is open to the public, space is limited. If you wish to attend and listen, please email us.
How long do members serve?
Members serve two-year terms.