Registrations and filings required for businesses - Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board

You may be required to have a license, registration, or permit from the list below based on the business activity you selected from the Business Licensing Wizard. For more information, please contact the Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board at 360-709-4600.

Private Vocational School License


The license allows private vocational schools that offer diploma or certificate programs to operate legally in the State of Washington and provides consumer protection to students attending such schools. RCW 28C.10

Applying for a license: RCW 28C.10.050 & 060, 082 & 084. Rules 490-105-040, 050, 060, 070, 080, 130, 140, 150).

Processing time

30 to 60 days


See the Fee Schedule and RCW 28C10.070, 490-105-070.

License renewals

The license is valid for one year from date of issuance. See RCW 28C.10.060 and 490-105-080 WAC.