What other agencies do

Here's a list of Washington agencies that businesses may need to work with. Visit business.wa.gov for a list of Washington State agencies, their services, and Small Business Liaison Team (SBLT) members ready to help you with your questions.


Agency Services

Governor's Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance (ORIA)

Assistance with local, state, and federal business licensing regulations and environmental permitting.
Dept. of Labor and Industries (L&I) Regulate Workers Compensation; employment standards and policies; workplace safety and health, and Contractor registration and regulation.
Employment Security Dept. Regulate Unemployment Insurance, Paid Family Medical Leave, Labor Market Information, and Work-Source program.
Secretary of State Corporations & Charities Register and renew Corporate & LLC Business Entities, Charitable Organizations, Trademarks, and Domestic Partnerships.
Dept. of Licensing Professional licenses such as Cosmetology, Real Estate, Engineers, Notaries, and Tattoos. Issues Dealer tabs and plates for businesses, For Hire and Transporter 
Liquor and Cannabis Board Regulate licensing and permitting services for Liquor, Cannabis, Tobacco, and Vapor products.