Registering with other state agencies

You will need to complete a Business License Application if you:

  • Plan to hire employees.
  • Register a trade name for your business.
  • Are required to obtain a renewable license through the Unified Business Identifier (UBI) program administered by the Department of Revenue. Your child care provider license issued by the Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) is not included in this definition. For information on other renewable licenses, please contact the Department of Revenue at 360-705-6741.

If you must register with the Department of Revenue, you will be asked to file a excise tax return on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis, depending on your income. Businesses with higher income report more often than businesses with smaller incomes.