Sales by Indians

With the exception of treaty fishery activity, Indians conducting business outside of Indian country are generally subject to the excise tax, including the business and occupation (B&O) tax, the public utility tax, and retail sales tax.

Indians or Indian tribes conducting business outside Indian country must register with the department as required by RCW 82.32.030. WAC 458-20-101 provides information for registering a business. In addition, the business must collect and remit retail sales tax, when applicable, and is subject to the business and occupation (B&O) tax.