The Department of Revenue offers many services to make reporting your taxes as convenient as possible. The following list contains a sampling of the Department’s services.
Our web site offers a wide variety of information and resources for your business:
- Electronic filing (e-file): File and pay taxes electronically using My DOR, Revenue’s secure online filing application.
- Business Information Update: You can notify us online if your business has moved, closed, or changed activities.
- Local Offices: Find telephone numbers, office hours, and directions to a local office near you.
- Tax Rate Lookup Tool (GIS): Find the correct code and tax rate for specific locations.
- Publications and Forms: Find our tax guides, fact sheets, reports, and forms.
- Laws and Rules (Taxpedia): Search our online database for rules, laws, advisories, administrative decisions, and court cases through Taxpedia.
- Contact Us: You can ask a general tax question. You can generally expect a response within 10 working days.
Telephone and One-on-one Assistance
Assistance in registering businesses, completing tax returns, and responding to questions can be requested by calling the Telephone Information Center at 360-705-6705 or by visiting your local Revenue office.
For assistance in understanding and accessing your rights in working with the Department, call the Taxpayer Advocate at 360-705-6714.
To receive a written letter ruling on a complex tax question, you must identify your business and include all pertinent facts surrounding the issue. Send your request to:
Taxpayer Information & Education
Department of Revenue
PO Box 47478
Olympia, WA 98504-7478
You will generally receive a response within 10 business days. You may also fax your request to 360-705-6655 or Contact Us.