There are two ways you can verify reseller permits:
Business Lookup tool
Reseller permit verification service
This service allows you to submit a list of multiple businesses to the Department for verification.
How does it work?
You create and upload an electronic file with your customers’ reseller permit information via a secure web page. This service will deliver one file that contains:
- Your original data, along with reseller permit information found for all records.
- Errors (if any) where information was entered incorrectly, including an explanation.
Create your upload file:
Each file must contain all three of the following fields:
- Excise Tax Account ID
- Reseller Permit Number
- Unique ID - This field is for your use, for example: your customer name, your customer number, sequence number
- All fields must be separated by a comma or a tab.
- Enter a space for blank fields, however our system cannot find a match without at least an Account ID or Permit Number for each record.
Save your file in one of the following formats using the “save as” option on the File tab:
- Comma separated values (.csv) example: 502502502,A12345678,123456
- Tab delimited (.txt) example: 501501501 A12345678 12345642X
Submit your file:
You can submit your file online through My DOR.
Once processed, you will be able to download your report as an excel (.xlsx) file. Use the file to verify that your records:
- Have the correct customer and reseller permit information (including expiration date)
- Show that the customer had a valid reseller permit at the time of the sale
Use the Error Column to identify those entries with incorrect or incomplete information. You may correct your information and resubmit it for verification.
You should verify your customer reseller permit information at least once each calendar year.