On March 19, 2018, the Washington State Department of Revenue launched My DOR as the secure portal for all online services. Businesses are able to access all their tax and business licensing accounts using their SecureAccess Washington (SAW) login.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
My logon ID and password that I used with the old system do not work when I try to log into My DOR. Why?
You need a SecureAccess Washington user ID and password to log into My DOR.
I don't see my tax account information in My DOR. What do I do?
You need to have access to your tax account to file a return in our new system. You can get access to a tax account in one of the following ways:
- Transfer your tax account information from our old system.
- Use the letter ID from a Department of Revenue tax-related letter.
- Ask an administrator with access to the tax account in My DOR to grant you access.
I want to transfer my tax account information from the old system into My DOR. When should I do it?
We recommend that you transfer your tax accounts prior to filing your return in our new system for the first time. The transfer capability is available now.
What do I need to do to transfer my tax account information from the old system?
You'll need to have the logon ID and password that you used in our old system. The high level steps are:
- Log into My DOR with your SAW user ID and password.
- Click the Get my tax account button on the My DOR Services page.
- Enter the logon ID and password from our old system. Click the Submit button.
- Click the Continue button to view your account(s).