You must file your return by using one of the following options:
E-file - The simplest way to file your return is to use our free service, My DOR.
- We updated our system in 2018. You’ll now need a SecureAccess Washington user ID and password and to add access to your tax account (if you have not already). Learn more.
- Mail - If you’ve received a waiver from the department, complete the paper tax return sent to you or download the return and instructions.
Before you file
- Check out our online description of tax classifications, deductions, and credits.
- Use the Annual Small Business Credit Table to help you determine your Small Business Tax Credit.
- Review our helpful Tax Legislation resource page for more information.
Are you a lodging business? Take a look at our Lodging Information page for more information about tax rates. We also have a Lodging Industry Guide to help you understand the taxes that apply to lodging businesses.
You must still file your return by using one of the following options:
- Express file online at dor.wa.gov/expressfilenobiz. No login required.
- E-file a "no business” return online using our tax filing system, My DOR. Simply log into My DOR. You will need to have access to your tax account.
- Phone: To use our automated system at anytime call 360-705-6705. At the greeting enter 1 at each prompt, your 9-digit tax Account ID/UBI number, and then follow the instructions.
If you closed your business during this filing period, you must still file your return.
You also need to close your account with the Department of Revenue; you must use one of the following options:
- Send us an e-mail with your tax questions and requests.
- Write to us for a binding tax ruling if you have a tax-related question specific to your business.
Visit a local Department of Revenue field office. The Department of Revenue offices are currently closed in accordance with the Stay Home, Stay Healthy proclamation.
During this time, filing and payment must be done online using My DOR.
If you are unable to file and pay online, you can request a waiver. To request a waiver, send a written request with explanation to:
Electronic Filing and Payment Team
Department of Revenue
PO Box 47476
Olympia, WA 98504-7476
- Call us at 360-705-6705. Tax specialists are here to help Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Automated services to file a no business tax return are available 24 hours a day.
To avoid long waits on the phone:
- Call early in the month. You can file any time before the due date, but if you need assistance, call today.
- Have your Department of Revenue tax Account ID/UBI number and tax return available. Your Account ID/UBI number is a 9-digit number that is printed on the tax return above the name and address label and on the top right of tax-related letters from the Department of Revenue.
Have the following tax information available:
- Your gross income figures (gross income should not include sales tax collected.)
- If you paid retail sales tax on the purchase of materials that you later resold have the dollar amount available you paid for the materials (do not include the tax.)
- Location(s) or location code(s) available for where you purchased the materials.
- Stay on the line and be patient. We answer every call in the order received.
- Remember, if you don’t have any business activity to report, you don’t need to wait to speak to a specialist. You can Express file or call 360-705-6705 (after the greeting enter 1 at each prompt, your 9-digit tax Account ID/UBI number, and then follow the instructions).