Council members represent broad range of stakeholder groups
OLYMPIA, WASH. – July 17, 2018 – Today, the Washington State Department of Revenue announced it has selected 15 members to serve on its Business Advisory Council. The council will provide Revenue feedback about how tax policy and administration affect taxpayers.
The council represents a broad range of Washington business stakeholders, each providing a different perspective on tax policy and administration.
“We have selected an impressive and diverse group to serve on our council,” Director Vikki Smith said. “I look forward to hearing their feedback and working with them to better understand their experiences working with our agency.”
The council members are:
- Michele Baisler – CPA, KPMG LLP
- Vicki Baker – Yakima Grocery Outlet
- Lois C. Cook – America’s Phone Guys
- Patrick Connor – National Federation of Independent Business
- James Dixson – Friendly Computers
- Chris Falco – CPA, Falco Sult
- Wendy Gillihan – Gryffin Consulting
- Clayton Hill – Association of Washington Business
- Damian Hunt – Amazon
- Mark Johnson – Washington Retail Association
- Darcy Kooiker – CPA, Ryan, LLC
- Robert L. Mahon – Perkins Coie LLP
- Danny Mollas – George & Sons Fruit Market
- William C. Severson – William C. Severson, attorney at law
- Gary Smith – Independent Business Association
Each member will serve either a two- or three-year term.
The council’s purpose is to facilitate a dialogue between the department and representatives of Washington’s business community around tax policy and operational issues. The council will meet four times per year. All meetings are open to the public.
Revenue received 33 applications from businesses and stakeholders.
# # #