This guide was created to help manufacturing businesses understand their tax reporting responsibilities and the various tax incentives available to them. The guide includes general tax reporting information and tax incentives for manufacturers
This guide is intended to provide general tax information only. For more information or to get answers to specific questions, please contact us.
Updated June 2014
- General manufacturing activities/operations
- Manufacturing B&O tax classifications
- Other activities subject to manufacturing B&O tax classification
- Manufacturers and reseller permits
- Manufacturer's sales/use tax exemption for machinery and equipment (M&E)
- Manufacturing sites
- Machinery and equipment defined
- What is eligible for the exemption?
- Renting or leasing of tangible personal property
- Design and product development
- Machinery and equipment used in research and development