Your business is considered a private mailing business if:
- You package items for mailing.
- You arrange for packages or goods to be shipped through U.S. Postal Service and private delivery companies.
- You rent private mailboxes.
- You sell postage stamps, packaging supplies, office supplies, and other miscellaneous retail items.
- You supply equipment for customers to make copies, send faxes, and scan documents. You provide computer and Internet access.
A private mailing business will typically be subject to the following taxes:
- Business and Occupation Tax
- Retail Sales Tax
- Use Tax
- Reseller Permit Tax
- Litter Tax
If you need further assistance, visit our assistance page.