Attention: The Department of Revenue used listserv to send a message to businesses at 2 PM Friday, Jan. 17, with the subject line: “Doing business on the go? Download the free tax rate lookup app!”
A listserv error allowed recipients to Reply All to the message. As each person used Reply All, it sent a message to the listserv address. The listserv tool then forwarded that reply to all members of the list. This process is important because the individual email addresses of those on the list were not exposed to those that used the Reply All button to respond to the original DOR message.
Do not use the reply all option or forward the message to the listserv address. Please delete all forwarded messages you receive.
We apologize for the concern, frustration, and inconvenience this has caused.
Doing business on the go? Download the free mobile tax rate app!
We launched the mobile tax rate app for both IOS and Android. Make business easier by saving and downloading tax rates for multiple locations so you never have to calculate the rate for your frequent customers.
The WA Sales Tax Rate Lookup app displays the current local sales tax* rate.
Never used the app? Read about the main features below.
- Find the WA combined state and local tax rate at your current location using GPS, or by looking up an address
- Easily name, save, update, and share locations— no login required
- Enter your taxable amount for each location, and the sales tax and total charge will be calculated for you
- Share location and rate information via email or text message
- Download or share a spreadsheet with all of your saved addresses, location codes, and calculations
- View locations on a satellite map
- Confirmation code generated by each search to save for audit purposes
*The app does not currently provide lodging or motor vehicle sales and rentals rates. Visit our sales and use tax page for those rates.