Businesses that use commercial vehicles to transport commodities, merchandise, produce, refuse, freight, animals or passengers, using vehicles that use clean alternative fuel. The vehicle must display a WA license plate.
Purchases or leases of new commercial vehicles and qualifying used commercial vehicles with propulsion units that are principally powered by a clean alternative fuel. This includes:
- Costs to modify a commercial vehicle to be principally powered by a clean alternative fuel, including parts incorporated into the vehicle and labor or service charges to modify the vehicle.
- Purchases of alternative fuel vehicle infrastructure component parts, as well as related installation and construction costs.
Credit is not earned on vehicles purchased to lease to others.
Refer to the Special Notice Clean alternative fuel commercial vehicles and vehicle infrastructure tax credits expanded for information on how to calculate the credit, caps, and application dates.
- No Annual Tax Performance Report.
- Electronic filing required.
- Apply for the Commercial Vehicle Credit and/or Alternative Fuel Vehicle Infrastructure Credit (3 part application) in MyDOR.
Statewide annual credit balances
(As of February 28, 2021)
Applied for: $9,184,835.25
Amount issued: $52,858.50
Remaining available: $5,947,141.50
Statewide total credit balances
(From July 15, 2015 through February 28, 2021)
Applied for: $15,441,368.16
Amount issued: $4,191,555.15
Remaining available: $28,308,444.85
Note: The remaining available credit is the total annual statewide cap less any credits issued.
For questions about the application, call Taxpayer Account Administration at 360-705-6214.