Businesses that use commercial vehicles to transport commodities, merchandise, produce, refuse, freight, animals or passengers, and need to refuel the vehicles with clean alternative fuel.
Credit is earned on:
Purchases of new commercial vehicles and qualifying used commercial vehicles with propulsion units that are principally powered by a clean alternative fuel. This includes:
- Leases of new commercial vehicles and qualifying used commercial vehicles with propulsion units that are principally powered by a clean alternative fuel.
- Costs to modify a commercial vehicle to be principally powered by a clean alternative fuel, including property incorporated into the vehicle and labor or service charges to modify the vehicle.
- Purchases of alternative fuel vehicle infrastructure component parts, as well as related installation and construction costs.
Vehicle must display a WA license plate.
Credit is not earned on vehicles purchased to lease to others.
- No Annual Tax Performance Report.
- Electronic filing required.
- Apply for the Commercial Vehicle Credit and/or Alternative Fuel Vehicle Infrastructure Credit (3 part application) in MyDOR.
Statewide annual credit balances
(As of March 31, 2020)
Applied for: $1,387,486.95
Amount issued: $626,031.50
Remaining available credit: $5,373,968.50
Statewide total credit balances
(From July 15, 2015 through March 31, 2020)
Applied for: $5,243,240.50
Amount issued: $2,711,285.69
Remaining available credit: $29,788,714.31
Note: The remaining available credit is the total annual statewide cap less any credits issued.
For questions about the application, call Taxpayer Account Administration at 360-705-6214.