Warning: To protect against the possibility of others accessing your confidential information, do not complete these forms on a public workstation.
Online filing options
To file online, you must have a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) user ID.
- Do you have a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) user ID and password?
- Access your tax account - Do you have an account access letter?
- Yes, I have an account access letter from the Department of Revenue. Learn how to access your tax account with a Letter ID.
- No, I don’t have an account access letter.
- If there is NOT an administrator for your tax account in My DOR, you can request a letter be mailed to the address on file. The letter will include a Letter ID (code) that you use to gain access to the tax account. (Learn how to request a Letter ID)
- If there is an administrator already set up for your business tax account in My DOR, contact that administrator and request that they grant you access.
- Need help? Call 360-704-5906.
- Request an extension, file a tax return and addendums, or make an electronic payment
Paper filing options
- Instructions and checklist
- Return, extension, and addendums
- Washington State Estate and Transfer Tax Return (Fill-In or Print)
- Washington State Estate and Transfer Tax Return (Excel Version with Auto-fill)
- Application for Extension of Time to File a Washington State Estate and Transfer Tax Return (Fill-In or Print)
Note: Use this form to request a second extension (up to an additional six months).
- An executor or a preparer may request an extension for filing the estate tax return by completing the form above. If applicable, include an estimated tax payment.
- A Confidential Tax Information Authorization (CTIA) form is included with the paper extension request. Executors may use this form to grant the Preparer access to Confidential Tax Information and/or to authorize communication via fax or unsecured email.
- An extension may be submitted without the CTIA form. However, the CTIA form must be submitted with the extension because it is necessary to create an account. We are unable to process the CTIA form without an account.
- Other forms