You have two options for appealing a Reseller Permit denial:
The Department of Revenue’s denial letter includes the reason for your denial as well as instructions for appealing the decision. The appeal must be filed within 21 days of the date of the letter. A Reseller Permit Appeal Petition form is available at dor.wa.gov/resellerpermit or by calling 360-705-6705.
- On dor.wa.gov click the Log in button.
- Enter your SAW User ID and password, and click the Log in button. If asked, complete the Multi-Factor Authentication challenge to verify your identity.
- On the My DOR Services page, click Get Started.
- In the Excise Tax Account panel, click the Apply for/view a Reseller Permit link.
- In the row for the denied application, click the Appeal link.
- Select the reason button corresponding to the reason for your appeal.
- Enter your reason for believing the denial decision is incorrect in the text box. If you have any supporting documentation, attach the file.
- Click the button corresponding to the person completing the appeal.
- If you are the owner, corporate officer or partner of the business, click the declaration box and enter required information.
- If you are an authorized representative for the business, click the declaration box and enter required information.
- Click the Submit button.