If your business is in a residence within the city, you must comply with La Center Municipal Code 18.270.010. For more information on home occupation requirements, contact the city directly.
Along with a Business License Application filed with the Department of Revenue, per La Center Municipal Code 18.270.010 a Home Occupation Review is required. Until the Home Occupation review is completed, the city of La Center endorsement cannot be approved.
Home occupations which do not create any of the following impacts or include the following changes are exempt from this code, but still are required to obtain a business license per La Center Municipal Code 5.05:
- Any increase in traffic over a single-family residence.
- Any changes to the structure of the house or yard, including signage, for the purpose of the business.
- The use of the home to meet with clients, customers, and/or business-related associates.
- The presence of any employees who do not reside in the dwelling.
- The generation of noise, light, or fumes outside of the dwelling.
Origination fee: $50
Renewal fee: $50