Any business practicing or offering to practice architectural services in Washington state is required to have an Architect Firm endorsement.
An Architect Firm is required to have at least one designated architect.
The designated architect:
- Is responsible for all final architectural decisions on behalf of the firm with respect to work performed by the firm in Washington state.
- Must be registered to practice in Washington state.
Must hold a position of responsibility within the business structure such as a:
- Partner if Partnership or Limited Liability Partnership.
- Manager if Limited Liability Company.
- Director if Corporation or Professional Service Corporation.
- Controlling principal of other business structures.
Licensing requirements and additional supporting documents
|State tax registration||$0|
|Registering your business name as a trade name||$5|
|Business License Application fee||Variable fee|
How to apply
Complete the licensing requirements above and mail to:
Business Licensing Service
P.O. Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034