Egg Handler/Dealer

An Egg Handler/Dealer endorsement is required for businesses or individuals that either:

  • Produce, handle, contract for, or obtain possession or control of eggs for sale to wholesalers, dealers or retailers within or into Washington.
  • Process eggs and sell them to wholesalers, dealers, retailers or consumers within or into Washington.


Poultry producers who sell eggs from their own flocks at the place of production directly to household consumers don’t need to be licensed.

Licensing requirements and additional supporting documents

State endorsement


Main location


Each additional location (branch)


Additional fees

State tax registration $0
Registering your business name as a trade name $5
Business License Application fee Variable fee

How to apply


Add a state endorsement to your business

Apply for a new business license

Online assistance
Setting up your business licensing and tax account
How to add a state endorsement

By mail

Complete the licensing requirements above and mail to:

Business Licensing Service
P.O. Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034