Any businesses selling Washington State Lottery products is required to have a Lottery Retailer endorsement.
- Applicants must certify that they comply with federal, state, and agency accessibility requirements, and provide a personal and criminal history.
- The Lottery also requires an electronic funds transfer account to transfer Lottery sales debits and credits.
Note: The Lottery will separately charge retailers a one-time $200 set-up fee, and weekly equipment and support fees. For more information, contact the Lottery at 1-800-732-5101, option 4, or 360-753-1412.
Licensing requirements and additional supporting documents
- Business License Application.
Submit the following forms to the Washington State Lottery Commission:
- Authorization for Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Lottery Accessibility Affidavit.
Personal/Criminal History Statement for each of the following:
- Sole proprietor and spouse.
- Corporate officers.
- Partners and spouses.
- Limited partners who hold more than 10% interest in the business.
- Limited liability company members or managers.
- Stockholders that hold 10% of the issued stock.
PO Box 43027
Olympia, WA 98504-3027
$25 (one-time, nonrefundable)
Lottery Set-up fee
|State tax registration||$0|
|Registering your business name as a trade name||$5|
|Business License Application fee||Variable fee|
How to apply
Complete the licensing requirements above and mail to:
Business Licensing Service
P.O. Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034