A Manufactured Home/Travel Trailer Dealer endorsement is required to sell the following new or used items at wholesale or retail:
- non-motorized mobile homes
- manufactured homes
- park trailers
- travel trailers
If you don’t have a dealer endorsement, it’s illegal to:
- sell more than four mobile homes, manufactured homes, or trailers registered to you in any 12-month period
- buy and sell mobile homes, manufactured homes, or trailers for the purpose of making a profit
- sell any number of mobile homes, manufactured homes, or trailers that aren’t registered to you
Business site requirements
Your business site must:
comply with all applicable building codes, zoning, and other land-use ordinances
- For more information, please contact your city or county directly.
- be located at a commercial property with an enclosed building
- have a permanent sign with the business name and the type of business (such as auto sales)
- have an operating telecommunications system and a phone number listed in directory assistance
be open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., five days per week
- These hours are referred to as normal business hours. Additional hours and days of operation may be added at your discretion. You must prominently post the hours of operation at the main entrance doors.
have an area to maintain books, records, and files at the business site
- If two or more vehicle dealer businesses share a location, all records, office facilities, and inventory must be physically separated and clearly identified.
To get a Manufactured Home/Travel Trailer endorsement, you must have the following:
- Business License Application
- Vehicle Dealer Manufacturer Addendum
- Vehicle, Vessel, Vehicle Manufacturer, Registered Tow Truck Operator, or Wrecker Bond
Financial/Source of Funds Statement for each sole proprietor, partner, or business entity
If the business is a corporation, LLC, or LLP, submit one form that includes only the assets and liabilities of the business.
- Note: Printed bank statements are not a substitute for the financial/source of funds statement. The form must be submitted for your application to be fully processed.
- If the business is a corporation, LLC, or LLP, submit one form that includes only the assets and liabilities of the business.
- Personal/Criminal History Statement for each owner, partner, corporate officer and member of the business
To get a manufactured home/travel trailer endorsement you must have the following:
- Bonds are available through many insurance companies. We recommend you research the cost of your bond before you apply for an endorsement.
Property tax statement (copy), or the rental/lease agreement for the business site, as proof of ownership
- The rental/lease agreement must be valid for at least one year.
Manufactured Home/Travel Trailer Dealer Sub-Agency
A Manufactured Home/Travel Trailer Dealer Sub-Agency endorsement is required for each additional business location after the primary manufactured home/travel trailer business has been endorsed.
See business site and licensing requirements above for additional requirements.
Note: Sub-agencies are not required to submit the Personal/Criminal History Statement and Financial/Source of Funds Statement.
Manufactured Home/Travel Trailer Dealer
Manufactured Home/Travel Trailer Sub-Agency
Dealer Plate—Manufactured Homes and Travel Trailers