Anyone purchasing qualifying new vessels or qualifying new marine propulsion systems.
Beginning Aug. 1, 2019, purchases of:
- New vessels equipped with battery-powered electric marine propulsion systems with continuous power greater than 15 kW.
- New battery-powered electric marine propulsion systems with continuous power greater than 15 kW.
- Complete a Buyer’s retail sales tax exemption certificate for the vendor.
- If you are a registered business, you must also complete the buyer’s tax preference addendum in My DOR when filing your excise tax return.
- When reporting such sales on your excise tax return, use deduction 'Sales of New Electric Vessels and Marine Propulsion Systems’.
Expires July 1, 2030
For questions about the program, call 360-705-6705.