- Manufacturers and processors for hire of commercial airplanes or component parts of commercial airplanes.
- Non-manufacturers engaged in the business of aerospace product development.
- Certified FAR repair stations.
- Aerospace tooling manufacturers.
Purchases of computer hardware, software, and peripherals, and charges for labor and services related to the installation of such equipment. The hardware, software, and peripherals must be primarily used in the development, design, and engineering of aerospace products or in providing aerospace services.
- No application required.
- Completed Buyer's’ Retail Sales Tax Exemption Certificate for vendor.
- Annual Tax Performance Report filed by May 31 of the following year.
- Buyer completion of Buyers Sales and Use Tax Preference Addendum in My DOR when filing their tax return.
Expires July 1, 2040.
For questions about the exemption, call Taxpayer Account Administration at 360-705-6216.