Warning: To protect against the possibility of others accessing your confidential information, do not complete these forms on a public workstation.
Application for Extension of Time to File a Washington State Estate and Transfer Tax Return (Fill-In or Print)
An executor or a preparer may complete this form to request an extension for filing the estate tax return. If applicable, include an estimated tax payment. Use this form to request a second extension (up to an additional six months).
Electronically file a first extension request with payment (must include electronic payment)
An executor with an estate bank account may file an electronic extension request for the first automatic extension (six months). Prior to clicking the link, you must have:
- The information requested on the extension form.
- The estate’s bank account information.
- The estimated estate tax payment.
Confidential Tax Information Authorization (Estate Tax Information Only)
Estate and Transfer Tax Return for deaths on or after January 1, 2014, Washington
- Estate Tax Return (Fill-In or Print)
- Filing Checklist
- Addendum # 1 - Qualified Terminable Interest Property (QTIP) or Qualified Domestic Trust (QDOT) with instructions (Fill-In or Print)
- Addendum # 2 - Property Used for Farming (farm deduction) with instructions (Fill-In or Print)
- Addendum # 3 - Qualified Family-Owned Business Interests (QFOBI) with instructions (Fill-In or Print)
Addendum # 4 - Apportionment for Out of State Property with instructions (Fill-In or Print)