A Vehicle Manufacturer endorsement is required for businesses that:
- Manufacture or assemble new vehicles.
- Remanufacture used vehicles for transfer to dealerships in Washington for resale.
- Vehicle factory branches, representatives, or distributors.
Licensing requirements and additional supporting documents
- Business License Application.
- Vehicle Dealer/Manufacturer Addendum.
- Vehicle, Vessel, Vehicle Manufacturer, Registered Tow Truck Operator, or Wrecker Bond (if you produce manufactured homes or travel trailers, including fifth wheel trailers).
A bond in one of the following amounts:
- $40,000 if you manufacture manufactured homes only.
- $20,000 if you manufacture travel trailers (including fifth wheel trailers) only.
If you are only manufacturing other types of vehicles (e.g. cars or trucks), you do not need a vehicle manufacturer bond.
Bonds are available through many insurance companies. We recommend you research the cost of your bond before you apply for an endorsement.
Manufacturer License Plate
$50.75 each, per year
|State tax registration||$0|
|Registering your business name as a trade name||$5|
|Business License Application fee||Variable fee|
How to apply
Complete the licensing requirements above and mail to:
Business Licensing Service
P.O. Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034