En español: Ayuda para las empresas afectadas por desastres.
Русский язык: Помощь налогоплательщикам при стихийных бедствиях
한국어: 납세자를 위한 재난 지원
Tiếng Việt: Hỗ trợ thiên tai cho người đóng thuế
When an emergency strikes
Revenue will work with businesses that cannot file or pay their taxes on time due to a natural disaster.
When a state of emergency or disaster has been officially declared, affected businesses that owe Washington taxes may qualify for the following assistance. Follow each link to learn more:
Businesses can request an extension or penalty waiver by sending a secure email in their My DOR account or by calling Revenue’s customer service staff at 360-705-6705, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Businesses in the impacted areas can also request:
- Rescheduling of a planned audit (contact the auditor).
- More time to file a business license or registration renewal (Call Business Licensing Service at 360-705-6741 or by email at BLS@dor.wa.gov).
- An extension of its expiring resellers permit (Call 360-705-6217 or by email at Reseller@dor.wa.gov).
Tax relief information
- Damaged Timber Adjustment Application (pdf) – forest excise tax relief: an application to reduce the stumpage value due to damage from fire, blow down, ice storm, flood, volcanic activity, and earthquake.
- Destroyed Property – property tax relief: homeowners may apply for a three-year exemption for physical improvement value added to single family dwellings as a result of property destroyed by a natural disaster.
- Emergency financial assistance grants – B&O tax, sales tax, and public utility tax relief: certain financial assistance is exempt from tax.
- Furnishing emergency housing to the homeless – sales tax and lodging taxes relief: cities, towns, counties, and groups providing emergency food and shelter services.